NEVER LET WINTER WIN.
Limited to 500 Registrants. Keep those wheels turning and the fire burning all winter long when you join in our seasonal 5K series. This low-key, high-yield trio of races culminates with a prediction run/walk. Your progress might surprise you! $39 for one 5K, $99 for all three. Long Sleeve Race Shirts are available for $20.
What: 5K, 5K, 5K
Where: Portland Running Company – 10029 SW Nimbus Ave, Beaverton, OR 97008
When: One 5K per month December, January, February
Saturday, December 14, 2019 – 9:00am
Saturday, January 11, 2020 – 9:00am
Saturday, February 15, 2020 – 9:00am: Predict Your Time!
Why: Socialize, stay fit and fast over the winter months, and support a great charity in Meals on Wheels People! Set a goal for each race and try to improve each time, even if it’s only by one second!
Races start at 9:00am, doors open at 7:30am, come pick up your race# and warm up with the group.
More info? Read the RunOregon Blog here.
SEE YOU IN DECEMBER!
Days Until December 2019 Winter 5K #1
PRC 5k Winter Series Course: Our course runs from Portland Running Company to Fanno Creek Trail in Greenway Park and back. All races will be the same course weather permitting. One water station will be on course with water and sports drink. The course is well marked and easy to follow. Both runners and walkers – all abilities welcome. We do not offer refunds due to weather. NEVER LET WINTER WIN!
REASONS TO RUN A 5K
1. Doability. A 5K is about 3.1 miles. The distance is doable. Most of us have super busy lives and wait until Spring to begin training for longer distances like a half marathon or marathon. Why not keep yourself in the game this Winter and continue to train for a shorter maybe even faster distance? Keep your focus over the winter and start your Spring training ahead of the game while keeping that winter layer in check!
2. Time: You can train for a 5K by running or walking just a few times a week and feel good about yourself without spending too much time away. Race day is a snap if you do a quick warm up, race for 30-40 minutes, cool down and boom, your home! Done and back home eating breakfast with the family in a snap!
3. Faster: The 5K distance allows you to push yourself on race day. Take this challenge and make it fun! Whether you are walking, jogging or running hard, push yourself to a new level, the 5K will be your fastest race, let’s see what you can do.
4. Better: Racing makes you fit. Racing makes your everyday runs feel easier. If you put a race number on 3 months in a row you will learn how to avoid race day jitters which will help your overall performance in any race.
5. Variety: If you are always training for a half marathon or marathon it is good to mix it up. Setting new goals keeps us excited and fresh.
6. Focused: If you put 3 races on your Winter Calendar you will stay focused on your training and maybe will give you that extra little push you need to get up and out in the cold and rain. We live in a cold and rainy climate, anything to help us stay motivated to get outside is great for training.
7. New Shoes: Time for you to lace up a pair of lightweight trainers – PRC can help you find a pair of racing shoes that make you feel light and speedy, stop in and talk about racing shoes today!
Happy Running. See you next month! Paula Harkin